Strategies for Meeting the Multitude of Codes Regulating Healthcare Design & Construction
Healthcare Design Regulations Can be Met with Forward-Thinking Owners and Facility Managers
While code compliance is a challenge for virtually all healthcare facilities, it can be met by forward-thinking owners and facility managers. In order to ensure the safety of vulnerable patients and avoid stiff penalties from noncompliance, it’s crucial that healthcare facility professionals cultivate code knowledge and foster relationships with professionals who can serve as code-smart resources.
JPT Architect's Executive Guide: The Complexity of Healthcare Facility Compliance offers healthcare facility professionals strategies, advice and ideas that help ensure all safety requirements are met. This guide covers the following territory:
- The tangled layers of codes regulating healthcare facilities at the national, local and even department levels (Chapter 1).
- Ways to ensure compliance, even when regulations seem to contradict one another (Chapter 2).
- The potential for simplifying overlapping requirements set by diverse codes (Chapter 3).
- How to approach facility upgrades and renovations or remain compliant with all codes (Chapter 4).
- The best practices for ensuring code compliance following the transfer of knowledge from design to construction to facility management (Chapter 5).
Want to read more?